The Council of Government today learned of several communications of expenditure for a total amount of 14,849,233 euros for various actions of the Ministry of the Environment, Housing and Regional Planning relating to works for the comprehensive fight against fires, conservation and improvement of forest resources, and development and management of various lines of subsidies, both in terms of natural heritage and housing, as well as the implementation of the monitoring of hunting populations and the maintenance of the facilities of the Capercaillie Center, in Valsemana (León)
The actions led by the Ministry of the Environment, Housing and Regional Planning related to the global fight against forest fires total an amount of 7,752,520 euros and include work with helicopter teams, forest treatments and building infrastructure. The specific actions that are carried out are as follows:
1. Complete work against forest fires with crews transported by helicopter from the bases of Sahechores (León), Pradoluengo (Burgos), Coca (Segovia), Garray (Soria) and Villaralbo (Zamora) (ELIF AYB). Concretely, the crews will intervene in the extinction of forest fires during a first attack and will participate as a reinforcement brigade in prolonged attacks. In addition, they will carry out various forestry actions aimed at preventing the production and increase of forest fires. All with a budget of 5,762,318 euros, charged to the 2022-2025 pensions. Pradoluengo, €1,030,545; Sahechores, €1,361,585; Coke, €1,294,885; Garray, 1,044,186; and Villaralbo, 1,031,117 euros.
2. Silvicultural treatments for the conservation and improvement of the types of forest habitats of Community interest, as well as for reducing the risks of spreading fires, make the various uses of the natural environment compatible, productive and protective with the use and maintenance of biodiversity, and harmonizing social and economic interests with environmental conservation, in 254.50 ha of the municipalities of Velilla del Río Carrión, Guardo, Santibáñez de la Peña, Triollo, Fontecha and Mantinos, in the province of Palencia. The budget for this mission amounts to 1,223,816 euros.
3. Silvicultural treatments for the conservation and improvement of the types of forest habitats of Community interest, as well as the reduction of the risk of the spread of fires, making compatible the various uses of the natural environment, the productive and protective aspects with the social use and with the maintenance of biodiversity and harmonizing social and economic interests with the conservation of the environment in the province of Segovia, for an amount of 661,102 euros.
125.41 ha in the Tierra de Pinares-Serrezuela region, in the municipalities of Lastras de Cuéllar, Hontalbilla, Fuentidueña and Cabezuela with the removal and disposal of approximately 590.46 T. of biomass.
48.8 ha in the area of El Espinar in the municipalities of Villacastín, El Espinar, La Losa, Navas de Riofrío, Ortigosa del Monte and Vegas de Matute, in the second of them.
4. Support tasks for the personnel of the Fire Defense Center (adaptation of courses on the teletraining platform; design and development of resources; management of the platform or participation as online tutors), as well as tasks and functions administrative support for the work of the Center (registration and deregistration of students on the platform; preparation of communications and writings; management of student lists and databases, among others). The budget amounts to 357,092 euros.
More than 3.2 million euros for the conservation and improvement of forest resources
Actions for the regeneration, conservation and improvement of forest resources represent an overall budget of 3,273,185 euros, financed by the Recovery and Resilience Mechanism-Next Generation-EU. The specific works are as follows:
1. Execution of actions for the conservation, improvement and, where appropriate, restoration of Mediterranean ecosystems in seven municipalities of the province of Salamanca. This objective can be specified in the solution of a series of problems derived from the eucalyptus plantations carried out in the 1970s. The budget, of 1,012,915 euros, is financed by the Recovery and Resilience Mechanism-Next Generation-EU.
2. Actions aimed at the conservation and improvement of the forest genetic resources of Castilla y León, which ensure the survival of diversity at its different levels (population, species and infraspecific), maintaining a sufficient level of genetic variability as a guarantee of future persistence. and in response to potential climate change, with a budget of €999,629.
3. Actions to help the regeneration of Pinus pinea stands in the Castilian plateau, through the planting of specimens (genetically selected) that allow a gain in terms of seed availability, germination capacity and initial care of the sowing. Other objectives are: the protection and conservation of soils, as well as the availability of water; maintaining and enhancing biodiversity; reducing the risk of fires and increasing the quality and quantity of primary forest production (Pinus pinea fruits) All these actions will be carried out in the municipalities of: Traspinedo, Tudela de Duero, Simancas, Pedrajas de San Esteban, Íscar, Pozal de Gallinas, La Zarza, Valdestillas, Alcazarén and La Pedraja de Portillo, with a budget of 450,606 euros.
4. Enrichment and densification plantations in several municipalities of the province of Valladolid, by planting deciduous trees under the trees. It is intended to form a much more varied and dynamic mass that ensures the long-term conservation of both the forest mass and the biodiversity of the area, improving the ecological systems of the slopes. The budget amounts to 485,593 euros.
5. Actions to improve the natural environment and increase diversity in the municipality of Villafranca del Bierzo (León) by carrying out reforestation in areas that have not regenerated naturally or in which they are insufficient, with the objective of hydrological and forest restoration, aimed at defending the soil, also mitigating the contribution of solid flows due to the lack of adequate vegetation cover, protection against erosive phenomena and, in turn, improving infrastructure of the mountain, such as firebreaks for its protection and forest tracks for its access. The budget amounts to 324,442 euros, financed by the Recovery and Resilience Mechanism-Next Generation-EU.
The rest of the actions managed by the Ministry are divided between the planning and management of the various lines of subsidies, both in terms of natural heritage and habitat, and the implementation of the monitoring of hunted populations and the maintenance of installations. of the Center of Tetras del Capercaillie in Valsemana (León) All these actions have 3,162,416 euros.
1. Drafting of technical construction projects, specifications for the award of service contracts, support to management in the execution of the corresponding works, services and supplies, and the planning and management of subsidy lines in different areas of the General Directorate of Natural and Forest Heritage Policy. The budget amounts to 1,995,082 euros and will be financed by the Recovery and Resilience Mechanism-Next Generation-EU.
2. Design and implementation of the monitoring of hunted populations, preparation and proposal of a series of hunting planning documents (Hunting Strategy of Castilla y León; Territorial Plans of Hunting Resources; Management Plans of Hunted Species and Plans of hunting reserves and regional hunting reserves) and the maintenance and exploitation, as well as the continuous improvement of the monitoring system of these populations. The budget amounts to 397,895 euros.
3. Daily maintenance of facilities at the Capercaillie Breeding Center in Valsemana (Léon); care and feeding of specimens; daily study of ethology and state of health; clinical and surgical care; assistance and monitoring of reproduction and development of breeding programs; maintenance of the gene bank and preparation of reports requested by the ministry. In addition, the Foundation will carry out small repairs and actions of painting and general maintenance of the Center, as well as the replacement of consumables (food, medicines, clinical and surgical material, among others), with a budget of 393,955 euros.
4. Documentary management of housing aid files, as well as support in the processing of these and land development acts, for an amount of 375,484 euros.