Galapagar organizes the XII edition of the “Ricardo León” literary contest. The admission period for works ends at 00:00 on the 24th october
The Galapagar City Hall, in collaboration with Editorial MaLuma and the author’s family, organizes the XII Ricardo León Literary Contest, with the aim of promoting culture and keeping alive the figure of the writer Ricardo León (1877-1943) .
The Competition offers five categories:
- adult story for over 17 years: free theme, must include the name “Ricardo León” in the text.
- adult poetry for more than 17 years: free theme.
- youth category for people aged 13 to 17: theme and free literary genre, the word “Galapagar” must appear in the text.
- child category from 7 to 12 years old: theme and free literary genre, the word “Galapagar” must appear in the text.
- collective participation: Exclusive category for schools, up to and including the third cycle of primary education. Free theme and literary genre, must include the word “Ricardo León” in the text. A single work of collective creation may be presented or as many individual works as there are students in the class taking part.
The works must meet all the requirements specified in the contest rules to pass the selection phase, otherwise they will be automatically excluded, will not pass the selection phase and, therefore, will not be examined by the jury.
Base of XII Ricardo León Literary Contest
Check here the basics of the XII Ricardo León Literary Contest
The works will be presented in Word format according to the following specifications: DIN A4, Arial font, size 12, single spacing, margins (top, bottom and sides) of at least 2 cm and numbered pages.
The extension of original works in the adult, youth and children’s narrative categories must be a minimum of three pages and a maximum of eight; while works in the adult poetry category must be composed of a minimum of 30 lines and a maximum of 60.
In the case of the collective participation category, only one work of collective creation may be presented or as many individual works as there are students in the participating class. If individual works are presented, it is essential that they have a minimum of three and a maximum of eight pages.
Works must be strictly unpublished originals, which means that they cannot have been previously published, nor have they participated in another writing competition.
The texts will be presented in digital format or on printed paper according to the following modalities:
- For email to [email protected], providing in a second email the contact details of the author (name and surname, address and contact telephone number). The subject will indicate “XII Ricardo León Literary Contest”.
- For Certified mail for the attention of the Ricardo León Municipal Library. Constitution Square, 28260 Galapagar, Madrid. The hard copy original must be submitted without a signature and must be accompanied by a sealed envelope. An additional document must be included in the envelope with the data of the author (name and surname, address and contact telephone number).
The finalist works will receive a diploma and a copy of the compilation of the works of the XII Competition
One winning work will be chosen for each category and will be rewarded, in the adult story and poetry categories, with a weekend night’s stay at the Parador de Salamanca, respectively. The youth category you will get a Samsung Galaxy TAB A7 or another tablet of similar category and value. The child category will receive as prizes many games and other surprise items; and the collective participation category You will receive as a prize a set of books worth 300 euros of your choice for the center and a plaque. In addition, prizes will be awarded to Best Galapagenochosen from all Galapagarians who enter the contest, with a book bundle consisting of five titles to choose from.
In addition to the various prizes for the winning works, the finalist works will incorporate, together with the winners, the composition of a book that will be published free of charge by the organization and will become part of the documentary collection of the Ricardo León Municipal Library; informed the Galapagar City Council.