Firefighters from the Ministry of Public Security (SSP) brought a fire under control yesterday morning on the grounds of the National Fund for the Promotion of Tourism (Fonatur) of the federal government, the 47 between 46 and 44, near the park of The Merida Plateau.
The column of smoke and the flames of more than two meters high drew the attention of the inhabitants of this area and they made the report to the authorities, via the emergency numbers. Three tankers, 777, 864 and 861, and SSP officers were present, who received clearance from a security officer to enter the grounds and extinguish the flames.
Según version of the SSP, the conflagration arose when it was effected trabajos de limpieza y uno de los empleados, con un rehilete cortó accidentally el tanque de un a locomotora ya en déhuso y surgieron las llamas que avanzaron con rapidez entre les ramas secas y basura acumulada en field.
The fires on these grounds are constant, according to some of the neighbors, who indicated that it is common to see columns of black smoke, sometimes denser than others.
On April 13, 2021, in the same direction, a large part of a building that served as a warehouse to store firewood in the land of La Plancha, located on Calle 44 between 59 and 61 del Centro, but the intervention of the firefighters, in five carropipas, they managed to prevent the house located on this property from being caught in flames.
The fire started at 1 p.m., when the smoke caught the attention of neighbors, who with buckets and hoses connected to the power sockets in their homes tried to control the situation, while asking the authorities for help. .
The officers of the Municipal Police of Mérida (PMM) came first, who came and asked for the presence of the firefighters. The flames ended with a warehouse in which there was firewood, in addition to 40 poultry that the owners raised.
The fire is believed to have originated in trash bags thrown into the patio, which were next to the firewood, which fueled the flames. There were no serious injuries except for two firefighters who had to be given oxygen to breathe in more smoke.
After having brought the situation under control, the owners of the property gave soft drinks and water to the firefighters, in thanks for having prevented the situation from escalating.
There have been no frequent reports of wildfires this month, a more recent event that required firefighters to respond occurred on August 15, when an autistic miner was rescued from the second floor of his house which caught fire, in the Citrons subdivision.
The firefighters assisted the 17-year-old minor, stuck in his room on the second floor of his home located at Calle 22 between 23 and 25 of the aforementioned housing estate, located in Poniente de Mérida.
After the report, a patrol from the Ministry of Public Security (SSP) first arrived, whose officers tried to find a way to enter the property, as the minor was alone and his father, with whom he lives , went out to buy breakfast.
One of the officers managed to open the door and his colleagues followed him, at which time the firefighters arrived, who also entered, with the help of some towels they managed to save the minor, while the others smothered the flames.
The policeman who opened the lock suffered a cut on his hand and two firefighters were poisoned by the smoke. The minor was transferred alive, but in a critical condition, to the hospital. Videos posted on social networks in which we can see the anguish of the minor’s mother and neighbors.
Follow us on Google News and receive the best information