: Only 1 in 3 employees working 100% remotely receives financial compensation ::


The law on teleworking – published in the BOE on July 10, 2021 – also determines that employees have the right to have companies provide them with the means and equipment necessary for the development of their activity. However, 20% of the teleworkers questioned declared that their company did not provide them with the basic work tool: the computer, and 7% declared that they had not received any equipment to carry out their work.

The office, more necessary than a year ago

Businesses continue to theorize about how to get work done and the role of offices. In this sense, half of the employed population considers that offices are necessary (52%), which represents an increase of 5 percentage points compared to last year. On the other hand, the perception of the need for changes in the workplace is reduced by 10 percentage points. The most requested by workers remains the application of flexible working hours, with 48% of mentions, i.e. 11% less than in 2021; and the increase in portable digital devices, with 32% (compared to 45% recorded in 2021).

On the other hand, around 40% of the employed population consider their productivity to be the same whether at home or in the office, and 54% would choose the hybrid model as ideal for working.

Teleworking motivates the exercise…

The InfoJobs survey also analyzes to what extent the arrival of telecommuting in the world of work affects sedentary lifestyles. The lack of regular physical activity is a problem linked to the way of living, consuming and working in advanced societies like ours. According to a survey by the Spanish Society of Obesity (SEEDO), 47% of Spaniards spend between 1 and 5 hours a day sitting, lying down or inactive -not counting the hours of sleep-, and up to 31% do so . between 5 and 8 hours a day.

The results indicate that 31% of workers with a remote work model perform more low-performance physical exercise, compared to 25% of those with face-to-face work. Similarly, 22% of remote workers report having increased high-level physical activity in their daily activities, 7% more than those who report to work in person (15%).

As for the reasons for doing more exercise, the professionals of the two models highlight the motivation and the possibility of de-stressing and/or disconnecting, with more than half of the mentions in both cases. However, those who telecommute refer more to flexible working, with 37% compared to just 14% of those who work in person. In addition, 34% indicate that the very fact of teleworking is the main reason for doing more physical exercise.

Regarding the main reasons why professionals devote less time to sport, compared to the pre-pandemic period, the loss of sports routine appears (with 38% among teleworkers, compared to 37% among face-to-face workers), l increased workload (30% vs 29%) and lack of desire (24% teleworking vs 35% face-to-face). It should be noted that the employees questioned with a remote working model justify more to have changed their place of residence, with 9%, against 1.5% of those who present themselves daily at the workplace.

… but physical inactivity increases during the working day

In this sense, people who carry out their professional activity at home spend 88% of their day sitting, while they only stand the rest of the time, i.e. 12%. In addition, according to the survey, hybrid work professionals say they spend more time sitting on the days they telecommute (77%), with a difference of 14%, compared to the rest of the days (63%).

On the other hand, we observe a greater balance during the day among those who work face-to-face (with 49% of the time sitting, compared to 51% standing). This data makes sense if we take into account that not all standing jobs allow telecommuting.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *