Below you will find detailed information on what cookies are, the type of cookies this website uses, how you can disable them in your browser and how to specifically block the installation of third-party cookies.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are files that websites or applications install in the browser or on the device (for example, smartphone, tablet or connected television) of the user during his journey through the pages of the site or via the application, and are used to store information about your visit.
- Make sure web pages can work properly.
- Save preferences, such as the language you selected or the font size.
- Know the user’s browsing experience.
- Collect anonymous statistical information, such as the pages the user visited or how long the user stayed on the website.
2. Typology, purpose and operation
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent cookies. The former expire when the user closes the browser. These expire when the purpose for which they serve is achieved (for example, so that the user remains identified on the site) or when they are manually deleted.
In addition, depending on their purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary (technical): These are essential for the proper functioning of the page. They are normally generated when the user accesses or logs into the website and are used to identify you to the website for the following purposes:
- Keep the user identified in such a way that if he leaves the website, browser or device and accesses said website again at another time, he will continue to be identified, thus facilitating his navigation without having to s identify again.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services or areas of the website.
- Performance: They are used to improve the browsing experience and optimize the operation of the website, such as, for example, storing service parameters or storing the purchase made in a shopping cart.
- Advertising: These are those who collect information about the advertisements shown to users of the website. They can be of two types:
- Anonymous: They only collect information on the advertising spaces displayed on the site, regardless of the user who accesses the site, that is to say without expressly identifying them.
- Personalized: They collect personal information from the user of the site by a third party, for the personalization of said advertising spaces.
- Geolocation: These Cookies are used to know in which country or region the user is when he accesses a service on the website in order to offer content or services adapted to his location.
- Analytics: They collect information about the user’s browsing experience on the website, usually anonymously, although sometimes they also allow the user to be uniquely and unequivocally identified in order to obtain reports on the interests of users for the services that the website offers.
3. Cookies used on this site
You will find below a table of the Cookies used on this site, integrating a criterion of “level of intrusion” based on a scale of 1 to 3, in which:
Level 1: corresponds to Cookies strictly necessary to provide the service requested by the user.
Level 2: corresponds to performance Cookies (anonymous) necessary to maintain the content and navigation, for which it is sufficient to provide information on their existence.
Level 3: corresponds to cookies managed by third parties that allow the user to be tracked through websites not owned by Albal Town Hall. They normally correspond to advertising or analytical cookies where the user is identified in a unique and obvious way.
|Table of cookies used|
|__utm[a…z]||2 years||Analytic||Analysis of visits to the site||Level 3|
|session||Session||Technical||Applications and forms||Level 2|
|cookies||unlimited||Technical||Cookies Policy Acceptance Control||Level 1|
If the user wishes, it is possible to no longer accept Cookies from the browser, or to no longer accept Cookies from a particular service.
Browser settings, for example:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Internet Explorer: https://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitate-y-deshabilitate-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
Other third-party tools, available online, which allow users to detect Cookies on each website they visit and manage their deactivation (for example, Ghostery: https://www.ghostery.com/privacy-statement ).
5. What happens when you disable cookies?
Some features and services may be disabled or behave differently than expected, such as staying logged in, keeping purchases in the “basket” of an e-commerce service, or receiving information directed to your location, among others.
6. Update of the cookies policy
The Albal Town Hall may modify this Cookies Policy according to legislative or regulatory requirements, or in order to adapt said policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, so users are advised to visit it periodically. .
When significant changes occur in this Cookies Policy, the entity will proceed to capture them on the web.